Haus Membership Terms and Conditions
In these terms:
“We” or “Us” means the Haus company you signed up with online
Haus Membership Benefits
Subject to the terms of this Agreement we will provide You with the following facilities during Opening Hours:
- Use of allocated areas within any Haus Locations (“Spaces”).
- Space may not be available on some weekdays and holidays (on average 3 days/month)
- Use of the shared internet connection.
- Access to exclusive Haus events, promotions and benefits.
- Maintenance and cleaning of workspace.
- Receptionist and guest services.
- Stationery and consumables.
- Access to community portal.
- This Agreement shall start when you confirm your Haus membership online and end at any time by You giving Us notice in writing or by cancelling your membership online through your account.
- If you cancel within the first month of Haus membership You will only be charged for the first month membership.
- We shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement immediately by written notice (i) in the event You are in breach of any of your obligations under this Agreement or (ii) otherwise at any time upon the expiry of 1 (one) calendar month written notice to You.
- Termination of this Agreement shall not affect the rights of either party in connection with any breach of any obligation under this Agreement which existed prior to the date of termination.
- Following termination of this Agreement, we will be entitled to dispose of your property remaining at the Premises and charge You the disposal cost without any obligation to You to store such property. We shall not be liable to You by reason of the disposal and You shall indemnify us in respect of any claim made by a third party.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Use of the Premises is subject to sufficient space being available to accommodate safely and comfortably the members wishing to use the space at any one time.
- You will pay the Haus Membership Fees on the due date.
- You must not carry on any activity or business on the Premises which is dangerous, offensive, noxious, illegal, immoral, or which may become a nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience to Us or other users or any neighbouring premises.
- You will not alter or install any wiring, IT or telecommunications connections.
- You will maintain the facilities in their existing condition and notify us immediately should any damage occur. You will be responsible for any damage that You or your guests cause to any such facilities.
- You will use the facilities in a way that regards the rights and interests of other users, this includes but is not limited to; noise levels, the amount of space You are utilising, your use of the wireless connection.
- You will not do anything which might invalidate any insurance policy covering part of a building or which might increase the premium. A copy of our insurance policy is available on request
- You are entirely responsible for safety of your property and possessions while using the Premises and all such items must be removed when you leave each day. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to your Members or any visitor’s property while using the Premises whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- You should maintain insurance for your personal property. Such items are not covered under Our insurances. You are responsible for the acts and conduct of your guests.
- You must not allow your membership to be used by anyone else.
- You will not use the name “Haus” or use pictures or illustrations of the Premises in any advertising, publicity or other purpose, without our prior consent.
- You will not take or copy information belonging to other members or their guests without their permission;
- You will not bring pets or animals into the Premises without our prior permission.
- Haus will be staffed and a Community Manager will be present in the Premises during Regular Business Hours on Regular Business Days. “Regular Business Hours” are generally from 9.00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, however may vary for each location (check specific location page). “Regular Business Days” are all weekdays, except national holidays and other days of which we will inform you.
- Access to the Premises is from 9.00 am-5 pm on Regular Business Days. All members are welcome to stay for Haus events.
- In event where the space will be closed for planned service interruptions, we will notify you in advance and endeavour to accommodate you in another space.
- Haus Membership Fees and additional charges shall be paid monthly in arrears. (Invoices are sent monthly for the next month’s fees.)
- Payments can be made either by Direct Debit or by debit/credit card. A payment method can be chosen by You on confirming your Haus membership online.
- Haus membership price is advertised price on Haus.me.uk website and is currently charged at £95 per month or £20 per day excluding VAT.
- Haus does not issue refunds if the payment for the first month has been already made.
- If a promotional discount is offered when joining Haus, you must notify the community manager in advance, in order to apply the discount for your membership.
- If a promotion of free day is offered when joining Haus, this credit must be used during the first month and cannot be rolled over.
- All Haus Membership Fees and other payments are exclusive of VAT which is payable in addition.
- You will pay us interest and compensation at the rate prescribed by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 on all sums payable under this Agreement which remain unpaid for 14 days from the due date, such interest being calculated from the due date until payment.
- Failure to pay for Haus Membership Fees may result in us suspending and/or, at our absolute discretion, terminating your membership.
- It is the Haus member’s responsibility to check in the beginning of each work session.
- It is the Haus member’s responsibility to check out at the end of each work session before leaving the Premises.
- You can bring unlimited guests. The first hour will be free for each guest, each additional hour will be charged at £5 per hour per guest and the maximum will be capped at £20 per guest which is the price of our daily membership.
- We may at any time alter these Member Terms and may alter Haus Membership Fees and other charges. All changes will be e-mailed to members and/or posted on our website 28 days prior to them taking effect. By agreeing to the terms of this Agreement and by using the Membership, You accept that You are obligated to check our website for any changes to these terms and are bound by them. In addition, You agree that You will have been duly notified of the relevant alterations when an email has been sent by us or on our behalf to the email address You have provided.
- Any notice or other communication given under this Agreement can be in writing and delivered by hand or sent by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service to the address given by You in your online application. A notice or other communication given under this Agreement may be given by e-mail but shall only be accepted when receipt is confirmed.
- You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses or other liability in any way arising from this Agreement and any breach of your obligation contained in this Agreement and the exercise of any rights given by this Agreement.
- Other than in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence we shall not be liable for the death of, or injury to You or your employees, customers or invitees or for damage to any property of theirs or for any losses or damages or other liability incurred by them in the exercise or purported exercise of the rights granted by this Agreement.
- This Agreement, the membership and the use of the Premises does not create any landlord and tenant relationship between You and us.
- This Agreement is personal to You. You cannot assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement or share the benefits of this Agreement with anyone else.
- We cannot accept liability for loss of business, profits, data, etc by reason of interruption of or failure to provide services when we are carrying out maintenance or due to matters outside of our control.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between You and Us and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements. This Agreement may not be altered except as may be agreed by You and Us in writing or as permitted by this Agreement;
- Each party agrees that it shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty that is not set out in this Agreement. Each party agrees that it shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based on any statement in this Agreement.
- If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or illegal then the Agreement will be treated as excluding the invalid or illegal provision.
- You agree that We may process, disclose or transfer any personal data that We hold on or in relation to You provided that We take such reasonable steps to ensure that it is used only to fulfil Our obligation under this Agreement, for work assessment and fraud prevention or to make available information which We reasonably consider may be of interest to You.
- In order to utilise all the functionalities offered by Us, it may be necessary to install software onto your or your employees computer. In addition from time to time at your request We or our sub-contractor may help troubleshoot problems You may have in trying to access certain functionalities such as accessing the internet. You agree that We or our sub-contractor shall not be responsible for any damage to Your computer system relating to such technical support or downloading and installation of any software; We do not assume any liability or warranty in the event that any manufacturer warranties are voided; and offer no verbal or written warranty either expressed or implied regarding the success of any such technical support.
- Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation.